Monday, December 28, 2009

Tired

In line with the original purpose of documenting my life as a young mother, particularly life with a baby, I would be remiss if I did not include something about sleep deprivation.

There's just no getting around it. For as much as a mother is crazy about her little one, the lack of sleep that accompanies the joyous bundle is something fierce, especially if you have other young children who occassionally decide not to sleep either. Last night was an example of that. Here's the log. (Keep in mind this was all going in the midst of me fighting a new cold Sassy generously passed on):

  • 10:00 p.m. -- Coco's final evening feeding. We're done about 45 minutes later, finally ready to sleep.
  • 2:10 a.m. -- Coco wakes up for a feeding and change
  • 3:00ish a.m. -- Sassy wakes up crying for "Mommy and Daddy." We still don't understand what she wanted.
  • 3:30ish a.m. -- Sassy wakes up again crying for "Mommy and Daddy," and I lay on thick the need for her to really go back to sleep.
  • 5:15 a.m. -- Coco wakes up hungry. I try and hold her off a bit so that we can feed her at her usual 6:30 a.m. feeding to try and get her on a consistent schedule. This ends up her being in bed next to me for a while, as I try to repeatedly replace her pacifier. No sleep here for me, really.
  • 6:25 a.m. -- Finally feed Coco. And, I'm really tired.
Seriously, I don't know how single mothers do it. Were it not for Pearly-Q's help, I think I would flip out. The crazy thing is, for as insane as last night was, compare my shameless photo above with little Miss Bright-and-Bushy-Tailed:
The irony!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I don't know how THEY seem to always wake up to bright eyed and ready to go! When Christian was a baby, he didn't nap during the day or sleep through the night until 15 months, and still ran circles around me! Grrrr....

    ReplyDelete